Subject: bug#19405: 25.0.50; `vc-dir' is broken under Subversion

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:48:38 +0000

The `vc-dir' command doesn't work under Subversion. To reproduce: just
try it. A fix such as this is required:

diff --git a/lisp/vc/vc-svn.el b/lisp/vc/vc-svn.el
index eedccd8..80e0555 100644
--- a/lisp/vc/vc-svn.el
+++ b/lisp/vc/vc-svn.el
@@ -207,7 +207,7 @@ If you want to force an empty list of arguments, use t."
 CALLBACK is called as (CALLBACK RESULT BUFFER), where
 RESULT is a list of conses (FILE . STATE) for directory DIR."
   (if (not files) (setq files (vc-expand-dirs (list dir) 'SVN)))
-  (vc-svn-command (current-buffer) 'async nil "status" "-u" files)
+  (apply #'vc-svn-command (current-buffer) 'async nil "status" "-u" files)
   (vc-run-delayed (vc-svn-after-dir-status callback)))

 (defun vc-svn-dir-extra-headers (_dir)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2014-12-15 on 80461UHB
Repository revision: e2815bfe2a1e4d5a21d6b6378ebc2108d4d104ab
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix /c/emacs/emacs-20141215-080142
 --disable-dependency-tracking
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp --with-wide-int
 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 'CPPFLAGS=-I G:/usr/include -I
 C:/GnuWin32/include -march=native -mtune=native' 'LDFLAGS=-L G:/usr/lib
 -L C:/GnuWin32/lib''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 77862 5648)
 (symbols 56 17926 1)
 (miscs 48 47 125)
 (strings 32 12546 3574)
 (string-bytes 1 322491)
 (vectors 16 9338)
 (vector-slots 8 377427 15003)
 (floats 8 62 65)
 (intervals 56 229 17)
 (buffers 976 11))