Subject: Re: bug#19404: 25.0.50; Gnus shows self-signed certificate warning when connecting to Gmane

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 09:45:04 -0500

The main part is done:

commit 3b7eed4ebb3c18799ec791d0c6bd53c019f48f73
Author: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Jan 15 09:41:58 2015 -0500

    Flag :unknown-ca and :self-signed SSL certs  (Bug#19404)

    Fixes: debbugs:19404

    * gnutls.c (init_gnutls_functions): Import gnutls_x509_crt_check_issuer.
    (Fgnutls_peer_status): Use it to set the :self-signed flag.
    Rename the previous :self-signed to :unknown-ca.
    (Fgnutls_peer_status_warning_describe): Explain :unknown-ca flag.

(I'm not sure about the Fixes: header, so I added the bug number in the
first line of the commit message too.)

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:11:34 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> wrote: 

TZ> (there was a third issue, the expiration date was wrong, but that's not
TZ> as urgent)

Lars, you added that date code, right?  Could you check?  I'll leave
this bug open until that's fixed.

Thanks!
Ted