Subject: bug#19390: 25.0.50; `package-activate' is too slow

From: Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:40:07 -0200

On 16 Dec 2014 21:55, "Stefan Monnier" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> >> Do you remember the scenario where you saw that?  Normally, the
> >> load-history contains the file names using the directory names that
> >> appear in load-path, so while they're not "canonical",
> > Actually, it seems to me that load-history does contain canonical names.
> > At least, when the file being loaded is a symlink, the resulting record
in
> > load-history contains the path of the file it points to.  Same for a
real
> > file in a symlinked dir.
>
> Hmm... OK, then that would explain why he needed to use file-truename.

Actually, this means I may have overused file-truename. If load-history
already stores canonical names, then we only need to call truename on the
return value of find library, not on the elements of load-history.

If nobody else checks, I'll check tomorrow when I get a chance.