Subject: Re: bug#19373: 24.4; SVG images rendered via librsvg fail at displaying non-inline bitmap images

From: Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 19:28:57 +0100

Vasilij Schneidermann <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've recently tested Emacs' support for displaying SVG images that
> contain bitmap images.  The test files used were
> <http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/struct-image-04-t.svg>
> and
> <http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/struct-image-02-b.svg>.
> The imagemagick backend displays both pictures flawlessly, but renders
> transparency as white background which makes it unsuitable for my
> purposes.  The librsvg backend appears to render transparency correctly,
> however in the first example with inline bitmaps the first image isn't
> displayed at all (which can be easily fixed by replacing "jpg" with
> "jpeg" in its sources); in the second example the non-inline bitmap
> isn't displayed either.  I've tried tracking down the reason for this
> behavior and the only pointer I could find was that librsvg is using
> the cairo library to embed the bitmap image.  Is there any obvious fix I
> can apply to remedy this issue?

rsvg-view (called rsvg-view-3 on debian), which is librsvg's standalone
svg-viewer, shows the same behaviour:

 - the referenced image in struct-image-02-b.svg is not shown
 - the embedded=inlined jpg image in struct-image-04-t.svg is not shown

So this looks like an librsvg issue and probably is not related to
Emacs.  Maybe you could ask on the librsvg mailing list about this?

Best,
Ulf