Subject: bug#19373: 24.4; SVG images rendered via librsvg fail at displaying non-inline bitmap images

From: Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 14:40:44 +0100

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 21:00:54 +0100, Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]> said:
>
>> This is related to rsvg bug 596114 "image refs are relative to
>> curdir, not .svg file" [2].  I just pushed a fix to master (c17c864)
>> which should fix this.
>
> I suspect it is not appropriate to refer to buffer-local variables of
> the current buffer inside image loading functions:

[...]

> Maybe SVG image descriptors should accept the property `:base-uri' or
> something?

Agreed.  That solution would be a much cleaner.  I was thinking about
that but chose the simpler solution instead.  As an explanation=excuse:
This was one of my first trips to the c-side of Emacs-land.  I still
feel unfamiliar with this area.

I shall add a property to svg image specs for holding the filename.

Best,
ulf