Subject: 25.0.50; NSM prompt is not self-explanatory enough

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 16:39:01 +0200

To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  M-x eww RET www.google.com RET
  Click on the "Sign in" link

The NSM shows a buffer with description of why it failed to verify the
certificate of accounts.google.com, and prompts in the minibuffer like
this:

  Continue connecting? (No, Session only, Always)

It expects me to press either N, S, or A, but that is not clear enough
from the prompt.

I suggest to change the prompt to something like this:

  Continue connecting? ([N]o, [S]ession only, [A]lways)

Alternatively, the first letter could be underlined (assuming we can
rely on every supported terminal to be able to display underlined
characters).

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.77 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-12-13 on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: 3c07d7f047ab27b44027c411eced863301fc6146
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0
 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Contacting host: www.google.com:80
Contacting host: www.google.co.il:80
Contacting host: accounts.google.com:443
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
url-http: Could not create connection to accounts.google.com:443
Mark set [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
help-mode gnutls timezone parse-time shr-color color network-stream nsm
starttls url-http tls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
url-gw url-cache url-auth eww easymenu mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils wid-edit url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source cl-macs gv eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars mailcap shr dom cl-loaddefs cl-lib subr-x pcase browse-url
format-spec time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 137973 6616)
 (symbols 32 22580 0)
 (miscs 32 64 256)
 (strings 16 32744 4804)
 (string-bytes 1 847539)
 (vectors 8 15077)
 (vector-slots 4 447366 6184)
 (floats 8 256 232)
 (intervals 28 693 225)
 (buffers 516 15))