Subject: Re: bug#19368: 25.0.50; NSM prompt is not self-explanatory enough

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 14:43:33 +1100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Agreed.  Two more nitpicks:
> - The cursor is not displayed next to the prompt, contrary to the usual
>   behavior (e.g. of y-or-n-p).

Ah, that's the (cursor-in-echo-area t) thing...  Fixed now.

> - maybe this is a problem in my "popup frames galore" setup, but I'd
>   prefer that the explanation window be displayed in the current frame
>   when possible.

Let's see...  It just calls

    (with-help-window buffer

Shouldn't that do the right thing automatically?  (This may have changed
since you made the comment, though.)

This is my test case for the nsm query, so you can just eval it and see
what you think about it now...

(nsm-query-user
 "The fingerprint for the connection to %s:%s is new: %s"
 '("ssl.gstatic.com" 443 "sha1:91:88:b2:9c:e1:fd:ca:e2:92:7d:a7:ce:12:ea:dc:ad:53:90:2d:c5")
 #("Certificate information
Issued by:          Google Internet Authority G2
Issued to:          Google Inc
Hostname:           *.google.com
Public key:         EC, signature: RSA-SHA256
Protocol:           TLS1.2, key: ECDHE-ECDSA, cipher: AES-128-GCM, mac: AEAD
Security level:     High
Valid:              From 2016-01-27 to 2016-04-26

" 280 284 (face bold))
 )

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no