Subject: Re: bug#19368: 25.0.50; NSM prompt is not self-explanatory enough

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:12:21 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> It expects me to press either N, S, or A, but that is not clear enough
> from the prompt.
>
> I suggest to change the prompt to something like this:
>
>   Continue connecting? ([N]o, [S]ession only, [A]lways)
>
> Alternatively, the first letter could be underlined (assuming we can
> rely on every supported terminal to be able to display underlined
> characters).

Yeah.  But shouldn't we have a general multiple-choice library function
for these (sort of) extended y-or-n-p functions?

While writing the NSM function, I was looking around for one, but the
only thing I found was `gnus-multiple-choice'.  :-)  So I had
implemented this before.  A call using that function here would be

(gnus-multiple-choice "Continue connecting?" '((?a "always")
                                               (?s "session only")
                                               (?n "no")))

Or something.  If the user types something else, you get a help buffer
and stuff.

Shall I make that into a general function (it needs some tweaking in the
prompting department)?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no