Subject: bug#19355: closed (Re: bug#19355: 25.0.50; limit the popup window height)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 10:36:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19355: 25.0.50; limit the popup window height

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19355: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19355
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19355: 25.0.50; limit the popup window height
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 11:35:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 > Thanks. the harddisk of my workstation faulted, so I was moving to a new
 > iMac. Re-built trunk without GUI and the problem seemed to be gone.

OK.  Closing.

Thanks, martin

Subject: 25.0.50; limit the popup window height
From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:49:57 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The popup window from, for example, minibuffer-completion-help, can be
so tall that the main editing window is squeezed to a few lines which
has the unfortunate side-effect of moving point, pushing some buffer
text out of the window. This is quite an annoyance. To see this:

1. Find an elisp file, with the form under edit centred around the
window.

2. Try complete for `(s' and assume the window split will be done
vertically.

Leo