Subject: Re: bug#19346: 25.0.50; url-http-parse-headers: Symbol's function definition is void: gnutls-available-p

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 21:04:22 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:39:29 -0500
> 
> I have no idea what you're talking about, really.

Then I'm surprised you are arguing.

> If the library needs to advertise more precisely the exact set of
> features it happens to provide, then this will probably have to be
> done in an ad-hoc manner (tho maybe the `subfeature' arg of
> `featurep' could be used for this: it's the kind of thing it was
> meant for, although in practice it seems it's never used).

Yes, libraries will need to advertise more than one feature.  And no,
doing that ad-hoc is not the best solution.  Nothing prevents us from
designing a better one, since we don't yet have any history to be
compatible to.  I don't see why we would need to give up and stop
short of designing a more flexible solution before the ad-hockery
dictates its solution.