Subject: bug#19346: 25.0.50; url-http-parse-headers: Symbol's function definition is void: gnutls-available-p

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 14:48:07 -0500

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 20:00:13 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote: 

>> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:08:45 -0500
>> Cc: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>> 
>> >> │Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function gnutls-available-p)
>> >> │  gnutls-available-p()
>> >> │  url-http-parse-headers()
>> 
LMI> I've now pushed a fix for this.
>> 
>> Your fix uses `fboundp'. Should we make `gnutls-available-p' always
>> defined to return nil, to simplify this in the future?

EZ> Yes.  Otherwise, the function doesn't make sense, IMO.

OK.  Where should we put this and how does it get overridden when you
load the GnuTLS library?  As Stefan mentioned we'll need this for
dynamic modules as well, so a generic solution would be greatly
appreciated, if you have something in mind.

Ted