Subject: Re: bug#19343: 25.0.50; [vc-git] Unregistered file becomes `up-to-date' in vc-dir buffer after editing and saving

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 04:36:13 +0300

On 17.12.2014 17:40, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>>> What's our minimum version?
>>
>> Debian Stable has 1.7.10.4, but CentOS 6 - only 1.7.1.
>>
>> So apparently we can use `status --short' (or rather --porcelain), but
>> --ignored is no-go for now.
> 
> Why can't we use --ignored when it's available?  It doesn't feel right
> to me to punish users of newer versions just because someone else out
> there might not have such a version.

I've just pushed a patch (24301c8148f5f3220d7e597c73a59551cfa10eea) 
which fixes this bug, and also uses ---ignored, because that's how the 
Jonathan wrote it.

Do we still care about CentOS 6? The previous message in this discussion 
has been more than 2 years ago.

If so, we can remove --ignored from the call in vc-git-state, it's not 
hugely important there. It will be more important when we decide to 
reimplement vc-git-status-files in the same fashion, though.