Subject: bug#19328: [PATCH] Add mechanism to prompt about unsaved customizations

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 06:54:20 -0500

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 08:06:32 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> wrote: 

TZ> On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 00:55:08 -0500 Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote: 
>>> To make it easier for people to try it, and to format the patch a little
>>> better, I've pushed it on top of the current master branch in the branch
>>> scratch/bug19328/custom-prompt-customize-unsaved-options from where it
>>> can be tried or cherry-picked.

SM> No!  Please install it into master.
SM> This part is not under debate.  The only debate is whether to enable it
SM> by default.

TZ> Could you review the commit first?  I wasn't sure about the commit
TZ> message, since it's one commit for several scattered ChangeLogs (and
TZ> those ChangeLog deltas are not in the commit message details).  I think
TZ> it's reasonable but didn't want to presume.

...I see for example the commit 49daed60510a073062b41fa39fd7c010cb0a315e
from Glenn has a nice summary of all the changes in subdirectories
gathered from various ChangeLogs, but `C-c C-a' in the commit window
doesn't bring in anything near that summary. Is there a way to
auto-generate it or do I have to assemble it by hand?

I created the top-level commit message by hand for now, in
scratch/bug19328/custom-prompt-customize-unsaved-options-rc2 and then
merged it, so the discussion about enabling this feature by default can
continue (I'm not marking the bug "done")...

Ted