Subject: bug#19314: 25.0.50; Core Dump on Mint 17.1

From: Vin Shelton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 07:37:00 -0400

I can't even remember writing that message.

I have not seen emacs crashes at all recently (for approximately the last
year, at least).

  - Vin

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 7:33 AM, Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Vin Shelton <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Dear Maintainers,
> >
> > Ever since updating to linux Mint 17.1,  I have been getting emacs has
> > been dumping core every couple of days.  I rebuilt with symbols
> > enabled and you will find the backtrace below.  The emacs is sitting
> > idle, typically while the computer is idling with the screen blanked.
> > I think the crashes has something to do with threads; I would not be
> > surprised to find that the error occurs in the libpthread or libc, but
> > I wanted to notify you of the failure in case it is actually
> > emacs-related.
> >
> > Please let me know if there is any further information you need.
>
> Sorry nobody followed up with this at the time.  There have been quite a
> few fixes since then, is this still a problem with more recent Emacs
> versions, 25.3 or 26.1?
>