Subject: bug#19313: missing newline after "transferred"

From: rekado <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 19:39:38 +0100

Hi guix,

When installing a package (e.g. `guix package -i icecat`) with binary
substitutions enabled, the output lines are not always separated by
newline characters.

Here's a snippet of the output:

-------------------8<----------------
downloading `/gnu/store/zpin1ikrh56pb0jv1x9ncsbl10rfmd97-libxt-1.1.3' (2.8 MiB installed)...
http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/n8hqv5fib2j9c0mixg96il6jqnf9wia6-python-2.7.6	3200.0 KiB transferred;;; note: source file /usr/local/share/guile/site/2.0/guix/config.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /usr/local/share/guile/site/2.0/guix/config.go
http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/n8hqv5fib2j9c0mixg96il6jqnf9wia6-python-2.7.6	3328.0 KiB transferredfound valid signature for '/gnu/store/4nzqhpy29ykf3b9m4k4ha57brjjlnhif-python-3.3.5', from 'http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/4nzqhpy29ykf3b9m4k4ha57brjjlnhif-python-3.3.5'
downloading `/gnu/store/4nzqhpy29ykf3b9m4k4ha57brjjlnhif-python-3.3.5' (90.5 MiB installed)...
http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/4nzqhpy29ykf3b9m4k4ha57brjjlnhif-python-3.3.5	13824.0 KiB transferred;;; note: source file /usr/local/share/guile/site/2.0/guix/config.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /usr/local/share/guile/site/2.0/guix/config.go
found valid signature for '/gnu/store/791sv5dz95wdyfyxyzpr88d86adhb5nw-cairo-1.12.16', from 'http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/791sv5dz95wdyfyxyzpr88d86adhb5nw-cairo-1.12.16'
downloading `/gnu/store/791sv5dz95wdyfyxyzpr88d86adhb5nw-cairo-1.12.16' (13.2 MiB installed)...
http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/4nzqhpy29ykf3b9m4k4ha57brjjlnhif-python-3.3.56	16128.0 KiB transferred;;; note: source file /usr/local/share/guile/site/2.0/guix/config.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /usr/local/share/guile/site/2.0/guix/config.go
-------------------8<----------------

After "transferred" is no newline, resulting in something like
"transferredfound" or "transferred;;; note".

I'm using guix-0.8 (built from the release tarball) on Fedora 20.

Best,
rekado