Subject: bug#19312: closed (Re: bug #19312: 25.0.50; `vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line' fails under Subversion)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 04:25:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19312: 25.0.50; `vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line' fails under Subversion

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19312: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19312
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug #19312: 25.0.50; `vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line' fails under Subversion
From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Eric S. Raymond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 04:24:11 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed in
  commit 3c07d7f047ab27b44027c411eced863301fc6146
  Author: Eric S. Raymond <[email-masked]>
  Date:   Sat Dec 13 06:15:33 2014 -0500

Thanks.

Subject: 25.0.50; `vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line' fails under Subversion
From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 17:32:08 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Visit a Subversion working file, type “C-x v g” (`vc-annotate’), and
when the annotate buffer is loaded, type "d"
(vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line). The error backtrace is:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (1 . 4) 5)
  vc-svn-diff(("c:/temp/test.txt") t "17246" #("17247" 0 5 (fontified
t invisible vc-annotate-annotation)) "*vc-diff*")
  apply(vc-svn-diff (("c:/temp/test.txt") t "17246" #("17247" 0 5
(fontified t invisible vc-annotate-annotation)) "*vc-diff*"))
  vc-call-backend(SVN diff ("c:/temp/test.txt") t "17246" #("17247" 0
5 (fontified t invisible vc-annotate-annotation)) "*vc-diff*")
  vc-diff-internal(t (SVN ("c:/temp/test.txt")) "17246" #("17247" 0 5
(fontified t invisible vc-annotate-annotation)))
  vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line-internal(t)
  vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line()
  funcall-interactively(vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line)
  call-interactively(vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line nil nil)
  command-execute(vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line)

This is because `vc-svn-diff' takes 1-4 arguments:
  (defun vc-svn-diff (files &optional oldvers newvers buffer) [...])

...but is called with 5 from `vc-diff-internal':
  (vc-call-backend (car vc-fileset) 'diff files async rev1 rev2 buffer)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2014-12-08 on 80461UHB
Repository revision: eb5b08bef5af19203b88d64b9052ad4ad5ea2eba
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix /c/emacs/emacs-20141207-211809
 --disable-dependency-tracking
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp --with-wide-int
 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 'CPPFLAGS=-I G:/usr/include -I
 C:/GnuWin32/include -march=native -mtune=native' 'LDFLAGS=-L G:/usr/lib
 -L C:/GnuWin32/lib''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND NOTIFY ACL ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Annotate

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Annotating...
Redisplaying annotation...done (Spanned from 16412.1 to 14541.6 days old)
Annotating... done
Finding changes in c:/temp/test.txt...
apply: Wrong number of arguments: (1 . 4), 5

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode vc-annotate easymenu vc
cl-loaddefs cl-lib vc-dispatcher vc-svn pascal time-date tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 101520 5397)
 (symbols 56 18676 1)
 (miscs 48 54 73)
 (strings 32 15256 3499)
 (string-bytes 1 413455)
 (vectors 16 10403)
 (vector-slots 8 387550 5648)
 (floats 8 95 307)
 (intervals 56 6099 712)
 (buffers 976 14))