Subject: 25.0.50; mouse-yank-primary cannot handle multibyte text correctly

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 18:30:02 +0900

When I select multibyte text ("テスト" in UTF-8) as X primary selection
in mlterm and click <mouse-2> (mouse-yank-primary) in Emacs 25, then
broken text ("$(B%F%9%H") is yanked.

Or, when I select same text "テスト" in Firefox, <mouse-2> yanks
another broken text "\u30c6\u30b9\u30c8".

Emacs 24.4 has worked good.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2014-12-08 on lil
Repository revision: eb5b08bef5af19203b88d64b9052ad4ad5ea2eba
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11500000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: C
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date japan-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78663 7661)
 (symbols 48 18285 0)
 (miscs 40 41 150)
 (strings 32 11311 4654)
 (string-bytes 1 303838)
 (vectors 16 10760)
 (vector-slots 8 475796 28724)
 (floats 8 72 61)
 (intervals 56 192 69)
 (buffers 976 12)
 (heap 1024 25624 981))

-- 
Oishi Kazuo