Subject: Automake error

From: Akhila C A <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 15:09:49 +0530

I am trying to create the driver blip in TIny os. While I am doing that I
got this error

*ubuntu@arm:/opt/tinyos-2.1.1/support/sdk/c/blip$* ./bootstrap.sh

aclocal: warning: couldn't open directory 'm4': No such file or directory
aclocal: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not '
configure.in'
automake: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not '
configure.in'
configure.in:21: warning: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE: two- and three-arguments forms
are deprecated.  For more info, see:
configure.in:21:
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Modernize-AM_005fINIT_005fAUTOMAKE-invocation
Makefile.am:21: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or
'*_CPPFLAGS')
automake: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not '
configure.in'
automake: warnings are treated as errors
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file 'vty/vty.c' is in a subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the
'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding
output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.
However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same
subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout
your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file 'vty/vty-util.c' is in a
subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/log.c' is in a
subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/socket.c' is in a
subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/recv.c' is in a
subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/util.c' is in a
subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/timer.c' is in a
subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/send.c' is in a
subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/process.c' is in a
subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/interface.c' is in
a subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/device.c' is in a
subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
driver/Makefile.am:7: warning: source file '$(radvddir)/device-common.c' is
in a subdirectory,
driver/Makefile.am:7: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
/usr/share/automake-1.14/am/library.am: warning: 'lib6lowpan.a': linking
libraries using a non-POSIX
/usr/share/automake-1.14/am/library.am: archiver requires 'AM_PROG_AR' in '
configure.ac'
lib6lowpan/Makefile.am:3:   while processing library 'lib6lowpan.a'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
ubuntu@arm:/opt/tinyos-2.1.1/support/sdk/c/blip$

I also installed the latest version of automake and autoconf.

Please help me to resolve this. Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you.

-- 
Regards,
Akhila C.A.