Subject: bug#19300: 24.4.51; visual-line-mode messes up after-string rendering when it spans all window columns

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:58:55 +0200

> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 20:38:15 +0200
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
> On 12/09/2014 07:51 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > So I guess this bug report now boils down to the question why one
> > extra pixel, is that correct?
> 
> Apparently so, yes.

Turned out it was a remnant of a distant past.  Originally,
overflow-newline-into-fringe was not supported when word-wrap was in
effect.  That was fixed more than 5 years ago (see bug#2749), except
in one corner case: when the last character before the newline is a
whitespace character.

I fixed that now on the emacs-24 branch (commit 0c2f254), please
test.  Please be sure to test cursor motion, as this affects that as
well.

Thanks.