Subject: Re: bug#19300: 24.4.51; visual-line-mode messes up after-string rendering when it spans all window columns

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 19:30:46 +0200

On 12/09/2014 06:11 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

 > This means every character is 8 pixels wide, so I'd expect the
 > wrapping to occur around 256-pixel wide window.

Or 272 (34 columns), if we're talking the first example. Right?

 > These are not the numbers we need, we need what this returns:
 >
 >    M-: (window-width nil t) RET

All right, thanks. So, this time I ended up increasing the window width 
by 1 pixel, and wrapping disappeared. The widths in pixels:

288 total, 272 body: text is wrapped.

289 total, 273 body: no wrapping.

>> It's fairly hard to reach 288px though, because dragging with the mouse
>> still moves the window border in jumps (even though not by columns).
>
> Perhaps set window-resize-pixelwise non-nil.

Ok, but that doesn't seems to make much of a difference: I have the 
frame maximized when experimenting with this (although that's not 
required to reproduce the problem), and there are only two windows.