Subject: bug#19299: closed (19299 fixed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 13:58:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19299: 25.0.50; "Contributing" button in *About GNU Emacs* no longer works

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19299: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19299
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: 19299 fixed
From: Stephen Leake <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 07:56:50 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

2014-12-19  Stephen Leake  <[email-masked]>

	Move user-level information from CONTRIBUTE to doc/emacs/trouble.texi

	Fixes bug#19299

	* CONTRIBUTE: Move user-level information to doc/emacs/trouble.texi
	  (commit messages): new, gathered from comments on emacs-devel
	  (Changelog notes): add reference to GNU coding standards section 5.2;
	  doc 'present tense', bug fix format
	  (branches): freeze announcements are made on info-gnu-emacs mailing
	  list
	  (git vs rename): new

	* doc/emacs/trouble.texi: Move user-level information from CONTRIBUTE here

	* lisp/startup.el (fancy-about-text): change buttons for etc/CONTRIBUTE
	  to (info "(emacs)Contributing")

-- 
-- Stephe

Subject: 25.0.50; "Contributing" button in *About GNU Emacs* no longer works
From: Ulrich Mueller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 00:23:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In master, the CONTRIBUTE file was recently moved (back) from etc/ to
the top-level dir. This breaks the corresponding button in the about
page. To reproduce, type "M-x about-emacs RET" and then press the
"Contributing" button:

   view-file: /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/etc/CONTRIBUTE does not exist

>From its new location, the file won't even be installed any more.

(Note: The file had been moved from top-level to etc in 2007.)