Subject: Re: bug#19298: 25.0.50; `set-frame-font': non-nil FRAMES argument

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 18:24:30 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Parameter FRAMES was added for Emacs 24, and it probably hasn't gotten
> much use yet.  For code to change the font for a given list of frames
> and NOT ALSO screw with the user's customization settings, the code must
> select each frame in turn and call `set-frame-font' with a nil FRAMES
> arg.  That's silly, no?  I am coming up against this right now.
>
> Hard to believe that there is no simple way to change the font of a
> frame and NOT ALSO change custom settings without selecting that frame.
>
> Why does that design make sense?

I can see how it makes sense from a "where on earth do I stash this
setting, then?" implementation point, but from a user interface point it
seems very odd indeed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no