Subject: bug#19298: 25.0.50; `set-frame-font': non-nil FRAMES argument

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:49:24 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> The doc string says:
>
>  If FRAMES is non-nil, it should be a list of frames to act upon,
>  or t meaning all existing graphical frames.
>  Also, if FRAMES is non-nil, alter the user's Customization settings
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  as though the font-related attributes of the `default' face had been
>  "set in this session", so that the font is applied to future frames.
>
> I don't understand why a list of frames should alter Customization
> settings.

I've now added a parameter to allow inhibiting this (as I guess it's too
late to change the interface otherwise after all these years) to Emacs
28.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no