Subject: bug#19296: [PATCH] Package archives now have priorities.

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 08:22:48 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:
> The main problem, AFAIK (at least that's the one that caused bug reports
> and hence brought this problem to my attention) is when the MELPA recipe
> points at an unmaintained branch, so you end up stuck with version
> 20120415 while a brand new 1.4 just came out on GNU ELPA.  This wouldn't
> happen with foo-mode-1.3.0.20120415.tar.gz.

Forget MELPA for the moment.  The problem this patch solves is giving
users some option to rank the archives when those package archives can't
be bothered to coordinate their package versioning or if the user
explicitly wants to install from a different archive than the one with
the latest version.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf rackAttack:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds