Subject: bug#19278: closed (%guix-version is incorrect in the presence of 'guix pull')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 21:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19278: %guix-version is incorrect in the presence of 'guix pull'

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19278: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19278
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: %guix-version is incorrect in the presence of 'guix pull'
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Tomas Cech <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 23:00:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> Actually it’s another bug: the version reported is static, which is
> misleading at best.  See <http://bugs.gnu.org/19318>.

I’m happy to report that this bug is finally fixed, in commit
b006ba50384f9cb517fa881299160adba0aaca9e.  :-)

It should take effect immediately: “guix pull && guix --version” should
display a version string other than “0.10.0” or similar.

Eventually the version string will include the Git commit id, à la “git
describe”.

Ludo’.

Subject: guix needs to be installed for guix pull
From: Tomas Cech <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 17:47:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

package: guix
version: 0.9

`guix pull' requires to have guix among installed packages (`guix
package -i guix'), but this fact is not documented in manual and not
mentioned by `guix pull --help' message.

It is valid at least in my case - running Guix on top of Gentoo
distribution.