Subject: Re: bug#19274: tar-mode.el: allow for adding new archive members

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:04:18 +0000

Version: 25.1

>>>>> Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

 > The revised patch for doc/emacs/files.texi is MIMEd.  (The rest
 > remains the same [1].)

 > [1] news:[email-masked]
 >     http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/96948

	Pushed; closing.

-- 
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A
commit a56eab8259568ea1389e972623e46359e73c0233

    Allow for adding new members to Tar archives.

    * lisp/tar-mode.el: Allow for adding new archive members.
    (tar-new-regular-file-header, tar--pad-to, tar--put-at)
    (tar-header-serialize): New functions.
    (tar-current-position): Split from tar-current-descriptor.
    (tar-current-descriptor): Use it.
    (tar-new-entry): New command.
    (tar-mode-map): Bind it.
    * doc/emacs/files.texi (File Archives): Document "I" for tar-new-entry.
    * etc/NEWS: Mention the new tar-new-entry command.

    Fixes: debbugs:19274