Subject: bug#19274: tar-mode.el: allow for adding new archive members

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 20:20:24 +0000

>>>>> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

 >> + ;; omit tar-header-checksum (tar-chk-offset) for now

 > Please capitalize and punctuate your comments.

	Even the one-line ones?

	Given that I have some time to improve this patch, could someone
	please suggest a good place to add a menu entry for
	tar-new-entry in tar-mode-map?  (I never use Emacs’ menus
	myself, so I’m rather clueless on this.)

	BTW, I wonder if it makes sense to split the make-tar-header
	form (with all the nil’s there) off tar-new-entry into a new
	(tar-new-regular-file-header filename &optional size time)
	function?  I guess that’d ease the creation of Tar archives from
	Emacs Lisp code; (and I already imagine some uses to that.)

	I’ll also write a proper docstring for tar-header-serialize, so
	to make it clear this function is part of the module’s external
	interface.

PS.  you know you may be a mathematician if your sentences start with a
	lower-case letter and end with a semicolon;

-- 
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A.