Subject: 11.88; compile error with auctex.el

From: Alexandre René <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 14:11:52 -0500

[…]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
(I apologize if this has already been fixed, but I couldn't find anything
related to this in the git repository.)

I just upgraded AUCtex from 11.87 to 11.88 on two of my machines through ELPA. 
In both cases, I get the following error message:
"""
~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.88/auctex.el:Error: Opening directory: no such
file or directory, /home/alex/style/
"""

As a workaround, I can hard-code the path to the style directory
("~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.88/style") in auctex.el and then AUCtex
loads without a hitch.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-11-12 on cloud104
Package: 11.88

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2014-10-29"
 window-system 'x
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex" 
"/home/alex/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.88/style"
                  "/home/alex/.emacs.d/auctex/auto" 
"/home/alex/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto"
                  "style")
 TeX-auto-save t
 TeX-parse-self t
 TeX-master nil
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX" "%(PDF)%(tex) %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' 
%t" TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode) :help "Run 
plain TeX")
                    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil (latex-mode 
doctex-mode) :help
                     "Run LaTeX")
                    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile nil 
(texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t" TeX-
run-compile nil
                     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                    ("AmSTeX" "%(PDF)amstex %(extraopts) 
%`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX
                     nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                    ("ConTeXt" "texexec --once --texutil %(extraopts) 
%(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX
                     nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
                    ("ConTeXt Full" "texexec %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t" TeX-
run-TeX nil
                     (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help "Run 
BibTeX")
                    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")
                    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help "Run 
Viewer")
                    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
                    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help "View the 
printer queue"
                     :visible TeX-queue-command)
                    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-command t t :help
                     "Generate PostScript file")
                    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help 
"Create index file")
                    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
                     "Run xindy to create index file")
                    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) 
:help
                     "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) 
:help
                     "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil 
t :help
                     "Spell-check the document")
                    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate files")
                    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run an arbitrary 
command"))
 )