Subject: 24.3; ido-find-file bug

From: Chris Drane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 13:59:40 -0500

I am experiencing a frustrating bug when trying to load a directory at
point using ido-find-file.

 The line I am working on is:

 (add-to-list 'ac-dictionary-directories
"~/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-20141111.2346/dict")

 Point is within the quotes. I try C-x C-f and instead of opening the
directory (which is a valid one, I have checked repeatedly), it instead
suggests that I open "~/.emacs.d/elpa/cider-20141116.1221/dict"

 I can only guess that it is tripping up on auto-complete's directory for
some reason. I have checked other paths though, and ido finds them properly.

 In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.40)
 of 2014-09-16 on csd
 Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
 Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.3'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.3/share/info/emacs'
 '--without-dbus' '--without-gnutls' '--with-ns'
 '--disable-ns-self-contained' 'CC=clang''

 Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

 Major mode: Custom

 Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  override-global-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

 Recent input:
 A RET ESC O C ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O
 A ESC O A ESC O B C-x o q ESC O B ESC O B C-x o ESC
 O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
 O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O A ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O A ESC O D C-a
 RET ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
 O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
 O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O A ESC O A ESC
 O A q ESC x r e DEL DEL e DEL r e p o r t - b u DEL
 DEL ESC DEL i d o - r e DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL r e
 p o r t - b DEL RET I D O SPC f i n d - f i l e SPC
 C-g C-h k C-x C-f ESC x RET

 Recent messages:
 "/Users/christopherdrane/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-20141111.2346/auto-complete-config.el"
 nil
 Creating customization items...
 Creating group...
 Creating group entries...done
 Creating customization items ...done
 Resetting customization items...done
 Creating customization setup...done
 Quit
 Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll
help.

 Load-path shadows:
 None found.

 (shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
 mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail jka-compr
 flymake tramp-cache auto-complete-config auto-complete popup
 auto-complete-autoloads popup-autoloads cus-edit apropos windmove
 paredit-everywhere paredit-everywhere-autoloads ac-js2 ert ewoc debug
 ac-js2-autoloads sgml-mode css-mode skewer-mode cache-table js2-mode
 simple-httpd skewer-mode-autoloads tar-mode cl-macs gv
 simple-httpd-autoloads autoload mail-utils url-http mail-parse rfc2231
 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy
 url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
 mailcap js json cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
 cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs dired-aux dired url-util url-handlers
 browse-url network-stream starttls tls erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
 erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit
 erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
 bookmark pp novice diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso image-file
 org-capture org-mks misearch multi-isearch repeat org-archive smex
 tabify mule-util cal-move parse-time vc-git org-indent org-w3m org-wl
 org-vm org-table org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-habit org-jsinfo
 org-infojs org-html org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex
 org-bbdb ffap url-parse url-vars paredit org-clock org-exp ob-exp
 org-exp-blocks org-agenda org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
 org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
 org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat
 org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
 clojure-mode imenu inf-lisp cl solarized-dark-theme
 solarized-definitions rainbow-delimiters paren eldoc company-files
 company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags company-gtags
 company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
 company-ropemacs company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
 company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
 company-elisp find-func company magit-key-mode magit view tramp
 tramp-compat auth-source eieio gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
 password-cache tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete help-mode grep compile
 comint format-spec epa derived epg epg-config diff-mode autorevert
 ansi-color git-rebase-mode thingatpt git-commit-mode log-edit pcvs-util
 add-log two-column ido-ubiquitous byte-opt warnings advice help-fns
 cl-lib advice-preload ido edmacro kmacro use-package diminish bytecomp
 byte-compile cconv bind-key easy-mmode winner ring server iswitchb
 cus-start cus-load cider-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads
 company-autoloads edit-server-autoloads eldoc-eval-autoloads
 guide-key-autoloads heroku-autoloads ido-ubiquitous-autoloads
 js2-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads info easymenu
 git-rebase-mode-autoloads git-commit-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads
 popwin-autoloads projectile-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
 dash-autoloads queue-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads s-autoloads
 smex-autoloads finder-inf use-package-autoloads diminish-autoloads
 bind-key-autoloads package tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
 mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
 tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
 timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
 font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
 thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
 european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
 jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
 cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
 env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
 make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)