Subject: Re: bug#19229: ispell-phaf: No matching entry for ...

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 23:15:23 +0200

> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:25:45 +0100
> From: Alexander Shukaev <[email-masked]>
> 
> Wasted the whole day on trying to make Hunspell work with Emacs on Windows and
> still out of luck.

Works for me out of the box, FWIW.

>     (setq ispell-program-name (executable-find "hunspell"))
>     
>     (setq ispell-dictionary "en_US")
>     
>     
>     (require 'ispell)
> 
> This is the most basic configuration that should definitely work.
> 
>     $ hunspell -D
>     SEARCH PATH:
>     .;C:/Tools/x64/MSYS2/mingw64/bin/;C:/Tools/x64/MSYS2/mingw64/share/hunspell;C:/Tools/x64/MSYS2/mingw64/share/myspell;C:/Tools/x64/MSYS2/mingw64/share/myspell/dicts;%USERPROFILE%\/Application
>     Data/OpenOffice.org
>     2/user/wordbook;C:/Tools/x64/MSYS2/mingw64/share/hunspell;C:/Tools/x64/MSYS2/mingw64/share/myspell;C:/Tools/x64/MSYS2/mingw64/share/myspell/dicts
>    
>     AVAILABLE DICTIONARIES (path is not mandatory for -d option):
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why is this list empty?

>     LOADED DICTIONARY:
>     C:/Tools/x64/MSYS2/mingw64/share/hunspell/en_US.aff
>     C:/Tools/x64/MSYS2/mingw64/share/hunspell/en_US.dic
>     Hunspell 1.3.3
> 
> I keep getting:
> 
>     ispell-phaf: No matching entry for ...
> 
> and it's no surprise because `ispell-hunspell-dict-paths-alist' is `nil'. Why?

Maybe your Hunspell port is broken?  Can you try this one:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/hunspell-1.3.2-3-w32-bin.zip/download

Here's what I get from -D with that port:

  SEARCH PATH:
  .;;C:\Hunspell\;D:\usr\eli\.openoffice.org\3\user\wordbook;D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell;C:\Program files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\share\dict\ooo\;C:\Program files\OpenOffice.org 2.3\share\dict\ooo\;C:\Program files\OpenOffice.org 2.2\share\dict\ooo\;C:\Program files\OpenOffice.org 2.1\share\dict\ooo\;C:\Program files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\share\dict\ooo\
  AVAILABLE DICTIONARIES (path is not mandatory for -d option):
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\american
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\default
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\de_AT
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\de_CH
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\de_DE
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\de_DE_frami
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\ENU
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\en_GB
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\en_MED
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\en_US
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\he_IL
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\russian
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\ru_RU
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\sv_SE
  LOADED DICTIONARY:
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\default.aff
  D:\usr\bin\..\share\hunspell\default.dic
  Hunspell 1.3.2

and my ispell-hunspell-dict-paths-alist is definitely not empty, it is
filled by the dictionaries listed in the AVAILABLE DICTIONARIES
section.