Subject: 24.4; elisp manual mode-line example mode-line-mode-name

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:25:29 +1100

In the elisp manual node "Mode Line Top", the example setting of
`mode-line' shows

    '(:eval (mode-line-mode-name))

But function mode-line-mode-name doesn't seem to exist.

I know it's only an example, but it could be good if it worked as well
as illustrating the mode line features.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2014-10-26 on x86-csail-01, modified by Debian
Configured using:
 `configure --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'