Subject: bug#19222: Some test failures with LibTool-2.4.4 on non GNU/Linux systems

From: Assaf Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 20:56:02 -0500

Hello,

Trying the recently released libtool-2.4.4 on non gnu/linux systems give some failures.

=== FreeBSD 10.0 ====
95: versioning                                      FAILED (versioning.at:153)
169: Run tests with low max_cmd_len                  FAILED (cmdline_wrap.at:48)
==== NetBSD 6.1.4 =====
   55: debug tracing                                   FAILED (help.at:159)
  65: Link order test                                 FAILED (link-order.at:89)
  66: Link order of deplibs                           FAILED (link-order2.at:138)
  70: static linking flags for programs               FAILED (static.at:196)
  86: deplib in subdir                                FAILED (deplib-in-subdir.at:126)
  95: versioning                                      FAILED (versioning.at:179)
  97: DESTDIR with in-package deplibs                 FAILED (destdir.at:101)
143: C++ exception handling                          FAILED (exceptions.at:392)
164: deplibs without file command                    FAILED (deplibs-mingw.at:64)
169: Run tests with low max_cmd_len                  FAILED (cmdline_wrap.at:48)
==== OpenBSD 5.6 ====
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 26 27 28 29 30 31 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42 48 49 50 51 52 98 99 100 101 102 117 118 119 120 121
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 133 134 135 144 145 146 148 149 150
151 161
==== Minix R3.3.0 ===
55 58 65 66 70 78 86 95 97 106 113 143 147 156 157 164 168
====

The logs are large (including the 'testsuite.dir'), so attached are links:
http://files.housegordon.org/libtool-2.4.4/libtool-2.4.4-freebsd10-tests.tar.gz
http://files.housegordon.org/libtool-2.4.4/libtool-2.4.4-MinixR330-tests.tar.gz
http://files.housegordon.org/libtool-2.4.4/libtool-2.4.4-netbsd614.tar.gz
http://files.housegordon.org/libtool-2.4.4/libtool-2.4.4-openbsd56.tar.gz

No test failures on GNU-Hurd 0.5 (i386/Debian) and Mac OS X 10.9.5.

Also,
On OpenBSD 5.6, for some reason, after running "./configure", "make" tried to re-build some files using autoconf/automake - which required automake/autoconf despite this being a release tarball. Not sure if this is normal or not.
Log:
http://files.housegordon.org/libtool-2.4.4/openbsd56-configure-log.txt

Regards,
  - Assaf