Subject: bug#19200: Point adjustemnt moves *into* invisible text

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:43:21 -0400

> Can someone tell me why you think point adjustment has anything to do
> with the original report for this bug?  Because I fail to see any
> connection; maybe I'm missing something.

> What I see is that vertical-motion, called by next-line's subroutines,
> ends up at position 5, because when it tries to get to column zero, it
> skips the invisible text between positions 3 and 5.  It stops at 5
> because the function called to move to the goal column can only move
> within a single display line.  IOW, this is a simple artifact of the
> implementation of vertical-motion.

No, it's OK for vertical-motion to move to position 5.

But adjust_point_for_property should move it back to position
3 (because that still ends up being a forward motion, when compared to
the original point position, and it is in a "less-invisible" spot).

> Michael, does the patch below fix the Magit problem?  (It does fix the
> simple test case presented by Stefan at the beginning of this bug
> report.)

It just works around the problem, AFAICT.

        Stefan