Subject: bug#19200: Point adjustemnt moves *into* invisible text

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:24:31 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael, does the patch below fix the Magit problem?  (It does fix the
> simple test case presented by Stefan at the beginning of this bug
> report.)

Unfortunately, no.

Here is a test case which hopefully resembles the situation in Magit:

(progn
  (insert "111" "\n222\n"
          (propertize "333\n444\n\n" 'invisible t)
          "555\n666\n"))

Turn on line-number-mode and set goal-column -> 0, and move around
(Esp. up/down).  You'll see the cursor drawn over the first "5", but
point is actually located inside the invisible text.

I wonder however why in the above recipe the M-: (point) trick does
_not_ "work".

Regards,

Michael.