Subject: Re: bug#19194: 24.4.50; `window-body-width' is not dynamic relative to font size changes

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 11:10:29 +0100

> Now done on trunk.

Thank you.

Mr. Corneli: How about a doc-string that goes as follows?

(window-body-width &optional WINDOW PIXELWISE)

Return the width of WINDOW's text area.

WINDOW must be a live window and defaults to the selected one.  The
return value does not include any vertical dividers, fringes or marginal
areas, or scroll bars.

If the optional argument PIXELWISE is nil, return the largest integer
smaller than WINDOW's pixel width divided by the character width of
WINDOW's frame.  If PIXELWISE is the symbol `window', return the largest
integer smaller than WINDOW's pixel width divided by the character width
of WINDOW.  In either of these cases, if a column at the right of the
text area is only partially visible, that column is not counted.

PIXELWISE t means return the exact width of the text area in pixels.
Other values of PIXELWISE are reserved for future use.

martin