Subject: Re: bug#19194: 24.4.50; `window-body-width' is not dynamic relative to font size changes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 20:52:49 +0200

> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:35:25 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> (4) I don't know whether and how the frame's `font' parameter can/should
>      affect the height of the "default face".  Likely this is not a
>      problem - Eli will tell.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.  In particular, a frame
doesn't have a font; a face does.  Perhaps you are talking about the
font of the frame's 'default' face -- this is what the frame's 'font'
parameter determines, AFAIR.

> As I said before, I'd rather have a buffer-local equivalent of the
> variable `frame-char-height', something like `buffer-char-height',
> instead of having to find out by myself what the correct value is.

You mean, like what default-font-height returns?

> Next we should try to incorporate this in `window-body-height'

You mean, like what window-screen-lines returns?

Btw, the OP wanted the width of the window, not its height, AFAIR.