Subject: Re: bug#19192: 25.0.50; TRAMP uses `dired-listing-switches' for ftp-connection

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 11:42:35 +0100

Rasmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Rasmus,

>> A possible fix might be to give a user an option, whether global
>> dired-listing-switches shall be used everywhere, or whether there shall
>> be special settings connection-oriented.
>
> So it turns out that arguments are tested via `ange-ftp-switches-ok'.
> So the easiest fix would probably be to extend this function to do a
> better job of checking.  Unfortunately, I don't know if one can easily
> predict which ls commands will be understood and which not?  E.g. does
> ftp ls depend on the host systems version of ls?

I don't know exactly. But I guess the most stable patch would be to not
expect too much from ftp's ls.

> Thanks,
> Rasmus

Best regards, Michael.