Subject: bug#19180: guile bug#19180: vacuum_weak_hash_table error

From: Anand Mohanadoss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 13:04:30 +0530

Dear Linas,

Thank you so much!  I did indeed miss your earlier responses and I
appreciate your reaching out to me!

I downloaded the current guile code in git and will give it a try.  But,
given that this is not a stable release, I am not sure if we can really use
it for our purposes.

Do you or Ludovic know when a stable 2.2 version will be released?  From
stability point of you, would it be better to use a patched version of
2.0.11 that handles the case we noticed (e.g. don't attempt to remove items
from hash table if len = 0)?

Thanks,
Anand

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> emailing you directly, in case you did not see it:
>
> I've seen the same bug; I tried to apply Ludo's patch, and discovered that
> the current guile code, in git, no longer even has the
>  scm_fixup_weak_alist or the vacuum_weak_hash_table calls anywhere in
> them.  Also .. my version of the bug goes away.
>
> The code in git seems to be guile-2.2, which has not yet been released --
> so your mileage may vary..  but you certainly won't get that error print
> message any more.
>
> -- Linas
>