Subject: Re: bug#19166: 24.4; duplicated error messages in newsticker

From: Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:22:45 +0100

Max <[email-masked]> writes:

> Every time newsticker fails to download feed for whatever reason there
> is a new fake entry appeared with standard subject [COULD NOT DOWNLOAD
> HEADLINES] - this behavior is severely decreasing usability,
> especially if feeds are checked regularly and the feed server is down
> for prolonged periods of time. I'm not really interested to see the
> entry with same error message 20 times - one is more than enough.
>
> Would be great to be able to:
> - automatically mark such error message as read
> - never add new error message if old one exist already, update existing
> one instead
>
> Ideally this should be default mode - the latest error message is
> updated on every feed download attempt. This way the old entries in the
> feed are not pushed to the very bottom by 20 identical error entries.

This was the intended behaviour.  I shall check that.  Please provide a
feed for which you see that problem.

Ulf