Subject: 24.3; Feature request: describe-key-briefly with prefix argument

From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:16:02 +0100

This is really a feature request.  If I press

C-u C-h c C-h c,

this is what appears at point:

C-h c runs the command describe-key-briefly

(and this behavior is well-documented in the docstring for
describe-key-briefly).  I would suggest that only the command name
should be inserted, and the present behavior (if really needed) be
reserved for e.g. C-u C-u C-h c.  The rationale is that when
e.g. emailing about some Emacs feature, I'd like to be able to insert
some command name conveniently; OTOH, it is difficult for me to come up
with a scenario when the present behavior is needed.

Best regards,

-- 
Marcin Borkowski
http://octd.wmi.amu.edu.pl/en/Marcin_Borkowski
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Adam Mickiewicz University