Subject: bug#19160: closed (Re: bug#19160: GRUB background image not protected from GC)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 22:55:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19160: GRUB background image not protected from GC

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19160: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19160
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19160: GRUB background image not protected from GC
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 23:54:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> GRUB’s background image is not protected from GC.  So it may be GC’d, in
> which case GRUB falls back to text mode.

Fixed in 39d1f82.

Ludo’.

Subject: GRUB background image not protected from GC
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:04:07 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

GRUB’s background image is not protected from GC.  So it may be GC’d, in
which case GRUB falls back to text mode.

‘grub.cfg’ is not part of the ‘system’ derivation, so it needs to be
made a GC root somehow.  Possibly by passing it on the kernel command
line.

Ludo’.