Subject: Re: bug#19152: 25.0.50; "You can run the command `debug-on-entry' with M-x deb-o RET"

From: [email-masked] (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 12:15:53 +0100

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please remove such silly messages, which do not tell users about a *key
> sequence* bound to the command they entered.

Actually I find these messages very instructive for people like me,
which had no idea about this (new with Emacs-25?) abbreviation ability!

> (Not to mention that you didn't even put "M-x deb-o RET" between `...'.)

`This could be an unmentioned improvement.' ;-)

> This is not progress.  Noise, not help.  What were you thinking?

In the contrary I appreciate such messages very much because they remind
me to become more efficient.

*But* above hint is not optimal!  It should have
been for example  `M-x d-o- <RET>' and not: M-x deb-o RET!
                       ^^^^^^^^^^

So bug#19152 is for real, since the hints are not yet conforming to key
binding conventions and might return an ambiguous and not optimal
(regarding to speed) key sequence.

Thank you for the key binding hints

        Dieter

-- 
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm
Darmstadt, Germany