Subject: Re: bug#19152: 25.0.50; Suggestions for M-x commands

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 10:14:14 +0000

>>>>> "SM" == Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> "IS" == Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> "DA" == Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

 IS> M-x beginning-of-visual-line RET; then, after some time, – M-x <up>
 IS> RET – the same message gets shown, even though M-x <up> is for sure
 IS> shorter than M-x b-v.

 SM> Sounds like a plain bug.

 SM> Should be fixed now,

	Well, ac4532a23265 (2014-11-28 23:14:38Z) indeed fixes the issue
	above, but not quite #19152 as initially reported (below), which
	still needs something like the change I’ve previously suggested
	[1].

 DA> Please remove such silly messages, which do not tell users about a
 DA> *key sequence* bound to the command they entered.

	My apologies for contributing to the confusion.

[1] http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19152#msg68
    news:[email-masked]

-- 
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A