Subject: 25.0.50; RFE: non-interactive package upgrade

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 14:23:54 -0500

To upgrade all packages I need to do :

M-x list-packages RET
U (package-menu-mark-upgrades)
x (package-menu-execute)

then answer "yes" to "upgrade?" and "delete old?" questions.

It would be nice if, similar to aptitude:

aptitude update && aptitude -y full-upgrade && aptitude autoclean && deborphan

I could do M-x package-upgrade-all RET and everything were done right
away - no menus, no questions.
(I looked at package.el myself and was unable to disentangle the "work"
for the GUI).

Thanks.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1343
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://dhimmi.org http://islamexposedonline.com
http://ffii.org http://thereligionofpeace.com http://think-israel.org
My inferiority complex is the only thing I can be proud of.