Subject: bug#19138: Emacs crashes

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 12:00:44 +0100

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This fix causes two unfortunate side effects on my system:
>
> * When launching Emacs from the WindowMaker dock, the dock icon stays
>   gray forever (indicating that the program is launching).  However, it
>   should be noted that the WindowMaker dock handling of Emacs 24.4 was
>   already somewhat broken before this, although in a different way.

I don’t know how the WindowMaker dock works actually.  I tried it in a
VM, but there are only two icons: one for the WindowMaker preferences,
and one for xterm.  If you have an idea how this works, I’m all ears.
:-)

> * The window title is now ".emacs-real@<hostname>".
>
> Regarding the window title: it occurs to me that it would be better for
> our wrapper script to pass the original program name as argv[0].  This
> could be important for some programs whose behavior depends on argv[0].

Good idea.  Done in 2ed11b3 in ‘core-updates’.

Thanks,
Ludo’.