Subject: bug#19138: Emacs crashes

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 03:51:51 -0500

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> With current emacs-24.4 of git 0276f69, the following crash occurs:
>>
>> I start emacs, which seems to launch a gtk version.
>> Then I click on the first icon in the upper left, labelled
>> "Specify a new's file name, to edit the file".
>
> Fixed in commit 71f5715, thanks.

This fix causes two unfortunate side effects on my system:

* When launching Emacs from the WindowMaker dock, the dock icon stays
  gray forever (indicating that the program is launching).  However, it
  should be noted that the WindowMaker dock handling of Emacs 24.4 was
  already somewhat broken before this, although in a different way.

* The window title is now ".emacs-real@<hostname>".

Regarding the window title: it occurs to me that it would be better for
our wrapper script to pass the original program name as argv[0].  This
could be important for some programs whose behavior depends on argv[0].

     Mark