Subject: bug#1912: Reserved word "goto" not highlighted in Ada-mode

From: "Juanma Barranquero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:30:27 +0100

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 14:10, Erik <[email-masked]> wrote:

> GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
> of 2008-11-15 on localhost

I'm testing on 23.0.60 (current trunk from the CVS repository), but
AFAICS, there's no significant difference between the two ada-mode.el
packages that should affect font-locking.

> The reserved words "procedure" "is" and "begin" get highlighted as soon
> as they are written. But "goto" is only highlighted if

> 1. the file is saved at this point,
> 2. a ';' is written, or
> 3. a newline is written

That's not exactly the behavior I see, but I certainly see that goto
is not highlighted after the final "o" is written. The same happens
for "use", for example. That is expected, see the variable
ada-font-lock-keywords.

> Here the reserved word "raise" is highlighted immediately (unlike
> "goto"). (But the identifier "done" is not highlighted immediately,
> which looks like another bug.)

I'm not sure they are bugs. No one said font-locking should be
instantaneous; often some context is needed.

Let's wait for Stephen's opinion.

    Juanma