Subject: bug#19103: closed (Re: bug#19103: 25.0.50; [eww] Can't enter login name and password)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 00:04:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19103: 25.0.50; [eww] Can't enter login name and password

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19103: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19103
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19103: 25.0.50; [eww] Can't enter login name and password
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 09:03:34 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 18:58:15 +0100, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:

>> When trying to login to Google[1] for instance, using eww, I
>> cannot enter login name and password.  Text is entered but it's
>> entered in front of the input area.  Moreover password is not
>> concealed by asterisks.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> [1] https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin

> I can't really test the login, but the password does seem to be covered
> by asterisks now, so perhaps this has been fixed by some related changes.

The bug I brought up
--- can't enter login name and password in the input areas ---
was fixed.  This helps my purpose, so I'm closing this bug.

What is my purpose is to update the cookies for a site.  After
that I can retrieve some data from the site (that requires login)
by using the functions `url-retrieve', etc.  To verify that the
cookie is updated, eval (url-cookie-write-file) and see the file
~/.emacs.d/url/cookies .

But this closing doesn't mean that eww is enabled to be used for
logging in to a web site.  Eww should visit `my page' after the
login session, like Firefox and so on does.

Thanks.

Subject: 25.0.50; [eww] Can't enter login name and password
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 19:18:15 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

When trying to login to Google[1] for instance, using eww, I
cannot enter login name and password.  Text is entered but it's
entered in front of the input area.  Moreover password is not
concealed by asterisks.

Thanks.

[1] https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-11-18 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11501000
Configured using:
 `configure --verbose --with-x-toolkit=gtk3'