Subject: bug#19102: 24.4; outline-move-subtree-up/down error at last and second-last subtree

From: Paul Rankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 13:49:10 +1000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I think that, once the non-file buffer case is taken into account (and
>> not doing means moving a subtree can corrupt the outline by putting two
>> headers on the same line), the cleanest fix is basically the one Paul
>> Rankin proposed in his last post.  I've attached it as a diff against
>> emacs-24, where I assume the fix should be committed (I added a comment
>> and tweaked the function Paul posted to avoid irrelevant changes to the
>> current code, and also restricted the error handling by making it a
>> user-error and having it signal only when the user attempts to move over
>> a higher outline level, avoiding an inappropriate message at bob or
>> eob).  Does this patch qualify as a tiny change, or does Paul have a
>> copyright assignment on file (I don't have access to the file)?
>
> I don't see his assignment.  IMO, this patch is borderline wrt being
> "tiny"; I'll let Stefan judge.

If it doesn't qualify as tiny, I'm happy to say Stephen took some
unofficial inspiration from some errant suggestion from me and wrote the
code all by himself, ergo copyright is all his :)

-- 
Paul W. Rankin
http://www.paulwrankin.com