Subject: bug#191 closed by "Tim Van Holder" <[email-masked]> (Fixed by recent VC changes)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#191: 23.0.60; vc (CVS backend): vc-directory is broken

It has been closed by "Tim Van Holder" <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact "Tim Van Holder" <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
191: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=191
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Fri May  9 01:15:37 2008
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 10:15:32 +0200
From: "Tim Van Holder" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Fixed by recent VC changes

This issue went away in yesterday's CVS build.

>From [email-masked] Mon May  5 04:14:32 2008
From: Tim Van Holder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
To: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 13:13:20 +0200
Cc: 
Subject: 23.0.60; vc (CVS backend): vc-directory is broken
Sender: emacs-devel-bounces+monnier=[email-masked]

In a CVS HEAD build, C-x v d yields

error in process sentinel: Wrong type argument: listp, ".gdbinit"

A backtrace shows (with some dir & file names changed, so buffer
positions might show discrepancies):

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp ".gdbinit")
  vc-default-status-printer(CVS ".gdbinit")
  apply(vc-default-status-printer CVS ".gdbinit")
  vc-call-backend(CVS status-printer ".gdbinit")
  vc-generic-status-printer((".gdbinit" edited nil nil nil nil))
  #[(G52601 data) "<byte-code>" [G52601 data "\n"] 2](--ewoc--user-pp-- (".=
gdbinit" edited nil nil nil nil))
  apply(#[(G52601 data) "<byte-code>" [G52601 data "\n"] 2] --ewoc--user-pp=
-- (".gdbinit" edited nil nil nil nil))
  (lambda (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[... "<byte-code>" [G52601 data "\n"]=
 2] (quote --ewoc--user-pp--) --cl-rest--))((".gdbinit" edited nil nil nil =
nil))
  ewoc--refresh-node((lambda (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[... "<byte-code>"=
 [G52601 data "\n"] 2] (quote --ewoc--user-pp--) --cl-rest--)) [[[[#0 #2 ""=
 #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] #1 DL-LIST #<marker at 187 in *vc-dir*>] #0 =
#("VC backend : CVS\nWorking dir: /blah\nModule     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE=
 MODULE\nRepository : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE REPOSITORY\nBranch     : ADD CO=
DE TO PRINT THE BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 ... 13 17 ... 17 30 ... 30 48 ... 48 =
61 ... 61 90 ... 90 103 ... 103 136 ... 136 149 ... 149 183 ...) #<marker a=
t 1 in *vc-dir*>] [#0 [#1 [#2 #0 #("VC backend : CVS\nWorking dir: /blah\nM=
odule     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE MODULE\nRepository : ADD CODE TO PRINT TH=
E REPOSITORY\nBranch     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 ... =
13 17 ... 17 30 ... 30 48 ... 48 61 ... 61 90 ... 90 103 ... 103 136 ... 13=
6 149 ... 149 183 ...) #<marker at 1 in *vc-dir*>] DL-LIST #<marker at 187 =
in *vc-dir*>] "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] (".gdbinit" edited nil nil n=
il nil) #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] [[[[#0 #2 #("VC backend : CVS\nWorkin=
g dir: /blah\nModule     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE MODULE\nRepository : ADD C=
ODE TO PRINT THE REPOSITORY\nBranch     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE BRANCH NAME=
\n\n" 0 13 ... 13 17 ... 17 30 ... 30 48 ... 48 61 ... 61 90 ... 90 103 ...=
 103 136 ... 136 149 ... 149 183 ...) #<marker at 1 in *vc-dir*>] #1 ... #<=
marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] #0 "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] [#0 [#1 [#2=
 #0 "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] ... #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] #("V=
C backend : CVS\nWorking dir: /blah\nModule     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE MOD=
ULE\nRepository : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE REPOSITORY\nBranch     : ADD CODE T=
O PRINT THE BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 ... 13 17 ... 17 30 ... 30 48 ... 48 61 .=
.. 61 90 ... 90 103 ... 103 136 ... 136 149 ... 149 183 ...) #<marker at 1 =
in *vc-dir*>] DL-LIST #<marker at 187 in *vc-dir*>])
  ewoc-invalidate([cl-struct-ewoc #<buffer *vc-dir*> (lambda (&rest --cl-re=
st--) (apply #[... "<byte-code>" [G52601 data "\n"] 2] ... --cl-rest--)) [[=
[[#1 #3 ... #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] #2 "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*=
>] #1 DL-LIST #<marker at 187 in *vc-dir*>] [#1 [#2 [#3 #1 DL-LIST #<marker=
 at 187 in *vc-dir*>] "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] ... #<marker at 186 =
in *vc-dir*>] #("VC backend : CVS\nWorking dir: /blah\nModule     : ADD COD=
E TO PRINT THE MODULE\nRepository : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE REPOSITORY\nBranc=
h     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 ... 13 17 ... 17 30 ...=
 30 48 ... 48 61 ... 61 90 ... 90 103 ... 103 136 ... 136 149 ... 149 183 .=
..) #<marker at 1 in *vc-dir*>] [[[[#1 #3 DL-LIST #<marker at 187 in *vc-di=
r*>] #2 #("VC backend : CVS\nWorking dir: /blah\nModule     : ADD CODE TO P=
RINT THE MODULE\nRepository : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE REPOSITORY\nBranch     =
: ADD CODE TO PRINT THE BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 ... 13 17 ... 17 30 ... 30 48=
 ... 48 61 ... 61 90 ... 90 103 ... 103 136 ... 136 149 ... 149 183 ...) #<=
marker at 1 in *vc-dir*>] #1 ... #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] [#1 [#2 [#3 =
#1 ... #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] #("VC backend : CVS\nWorking dir: /bla=
h\nModule     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE MODULE\nRepository : ADD CODE TO PRIN=
T THE REPOSITORY\nBranch     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 =
... 13 17 ... 17 30 ... 30 48 ... 48 61 ... 61 90 ... 90 103 ... 103 136 ..=
. 136 149 ... 149 183 ...) #<marker at 1 in *vc-dir*>] DL-LIST #<marker at =
187 in *vc-dir*>] "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] [[[[#1 #3 #("VC backend =
: CVS\nWorking dir: /blah\nModule     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE MODULE\nRepos=
itory : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE REPOSITORY\nBranch     : ADD CODE TO PRINT TH=
E BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 ... 13 17 ... 17 30 ... 30 48 ... 48 61 ... 61 90 .=
.. 90 103 ... 103 136 ... 136 149 ... 149 183 ...) #<marker at 1 in *vc-dir=
*>] #2 ... #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] #1 "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>=
] [#1 [#2 [#3 #1 "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] ... #<marker at 186 in *v=
c-dir*>] #("VC backend : CVS\nWorking dir: /blah\nModule     : ADD CODE TO =
PRINT THE MODULE\nRepository : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE REPOSITORY\nBranch    =
 : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 ... 13 17 ... 17 30 ... 30 4=
8 ... 48 61 ... 61 90 ... 90 103 ... 103 136 ... 136 149 ... 149 183 ...) #=
<marker at 1 in *vc-dir*>] DL-LIST #<marker at 187 in *vc-dir*>] nil (lambd=
a (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[... "<byte-code>" [G52601 data "\n"] 2] ... =
--cl-rest--))] [[[[#0 #2 "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] #1 DL-LIST #<mark=
er at 187 in *vc-dir*>] #0 #("VC backend : CVS\nWorking dir: /blah\nModule =
    : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE MODULE\nRepository : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE REPO=
SITORY\nBranch     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 ... 13 17 =
... 17 30 ... 30 48 ... 48 61 ... 61 90 ... 90 103 ... 103 136 ... 136 149 =
... 149 183 ...) #<marker at 1 in *vc-dir*>] [#0 [#1 [#2 #0 #("VC backend :=
 CVS\nWorking dir: /blah\nModule     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE MODULE\nReposi=
tory : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE REPOSITORY\nBranch     : ADD CODE TO PRINT THE=
 BRANCH NAME\n\n" 0 13 ... 13 17 ... 17 30 ... 30 48 ... 48 61 ... 61 90 ..=
. 90 103 ... 103 136 ... 136 149 ... 149 183 ...) #<marker at 1 in *vc-dir*=
>] DL-LIST #<marker at 187 in *vc-dir*>] "" #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>] (=
".gdbinit" edited nil nil nil nil) #<marker at 186 in *vc-dir*>])
  vc-dir-update(((".gdbinit" edited) ("foo1" unregistered) ("foo2" unregist=
ered) ("foo3" unregistered) ("foo4" unregistered)) #<buffer *vc-dir*>)
  #[(G52602 entries &optional more-to-come) "<byte-code>" [G52602 entries m=
ore-to-come vc-ewoc remaining mode-line-process vc-dir-update ewoc-collect =
vc-dir-fileinfo->needs-update vc-dir-refresh-files mapcar vc-dir-fileinfo->=
name up-to-date nil] 5](--buffer-- ((".gdbinit" edited) ("foo1" unregistere=
d) ("foo2" unregistered) ("foo3" unregistered) ("foo4" unregistered)))
  apply(#[(G52602 entries &optional more-to-come) "<byte-code>" [G52602 ent=
ries more-to-come vc-ewoc remaining mode-line-process vc-dir-update ewoc-co=
llect vc-dir-fileinfo->needs-update vc-dir-refresh-files mapcar vc-dir-file=
info->name up-to-date nil] 5] --buffer-- ((".gdbinit" edited) ("foo1" unreg=
istered) ("foo2" unregistered) ("foo3" unregistered) ("foo4" unregistered)))
  (lambda (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[... "<byte-code>" [G52602 entries mo=
re-to-come vc-ewoc remaining mode-line-process vc-dir-update ewoc-collect v=
c-dir-fileinfo->needs-update vc-dir-refresh-files mapcar vc-dir-fileinfo->n=
ame up-to-date nil] 5] (quote --buffer--) --cl-rest--))(((".gdbinit" edited=
) ("foo1" unregistered) ("foo2" unregistered) ("foo3" unregistered) ("foo4"=
 unregistered)))
  vc-cvs-after-dir-status((lambda (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[... "<byte-c=
ode>" [G52602 entries more-to-come vc-ewoc remaining mode-line-process vc-d=
ir-update ewoc-collect vc-dir-fileinfo->needs-update vc-dir-refresh-files m=
apcar vc-dir-fileinfo->name up-to-date nil] 5] (quote --buffer--) --cl-rest=
--)))
  eval((vc-cvs-after-dir-status (quote (lambda ... ...))))
  vc-exec-after((vc-cvs-after-dir-status (quote (lambda ... ...))))
  vc-process-sentinel(#<process cvs> "finished\n")